Medical Malpractice Attorney in Clarksville
Take Legal Action Against Negligent Medical Professionals
At Pete Olson Injury Attorneys, we have the extensive experience necessary to overcome the hurdles that stand between the victims of medical malpractice and the compensation they deserve. Tennessee has enacted tort reform that includes providing administrative notice to doctors. Though this can complicate these types of cases, we know how to work to ensure our clients are properly compensated. Our Clarksville medical malpractice attorney, Pete Olson, has more than 25 years of experience to put to work for you.
Medical Malpractice Facts and Statistics
Medical malpractice is unfortunately not as uncommon as you may have previously thought. These facts and statistics shed light on just how often it happens. Ultimately, these statistics should urge you to contact us for a consultation.
- Medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the United States.
- 80% of medical malpractice cases involve severe patient injuries or deaths.
- Roughly 195,000 patients die in hospitals each year due to preventable medical errors.
- Roughly 17,000 malpractice cases are filed in the U.S. each year.
Handling Complex Med Mal Claims
Our firm offers its experienced assistance to those who have been injured by substandard medical care and hospital negligence in a wide variety of settings.
We can represent you in a case involving:
- Birth injuries — Mistakes during the birth process – such as applying excessive force or failing to monitor oxygen levels – can leave children with injuries that will affect the rest of their lives.
- Failure to diagnose/misdiagnosis — Medical treatment generally needs to be administered within a given timeframe to be effective. Cancer, heart attack, and stroke are some of the more commonly misdiagnosed health concerns that can have the most serious consequences.
- Surgical error — Surgery is a risky procedure, but surgeons are expected to meet certain standards of care. Surgical errors include performing operations on the wrong body, leaving foreign objects inside of patients, and operating on the wrong person.
- Prescription error — Prescription errors can occur when either your doctor or your pharmacist makes a mistake. Errors can range from overdosing to under-dosing and failing to review for negative drug interactions.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect — Our senior loved ones deserve the best care when they are in nursing homes. Too often, they are abused or neglected by nursing home staff. We hold negligent institutions and abusive staff members accountable.
Federal Tort Claims
Blanchfield Army Community Hospital serves the needs of the many service members of Fort Campbell along with their dependents and retirees. For those who have been injured at the base hospital, pursuing compensation is complicated by the fact that the hospital is run by the federal government. Our firm has extensive experience bringing cases against the federal government when people have been seriously injured.
Representing Clients Throughout Tennessee
If you or a loved one was hurt by substandard medical care, we can help you pursue the compensation you need. At Pete Olson Injury Attorneys, we only collect attorney’s fees if we secure compensation on your behalf. Contact us for medical malpractice representation in Tennessee.