Child Injury Lawyer in Clarksville
Helping Parents & Children after Serious Accidents
Every parent wants to protect his or her child. We all do our best, but even at your best, serious accidents can happen. You owe it to your child to ensure that they have the high-quality medical care they need now and into the future.
U.S. Child Injury Statistics
- Unintentional injuries are the leading cause of morbidity and mortality among children in the United States.
- Each year, more than 12,000 children age 0 to 9 years die and more than 9.2 million are treated in emergency rooms due to injuries.
- Falls are the leading cause of nonfatal injury for children, accounting for roughly 8,000 hospital visits each day.
- Each year, roughly 100 children are killed and 254,000 are injured as a result of bicycle-related accidents.
- Drowning is the leading cause of injury-related death for children ages 1 to 4. A child can drown in as little as one inch of water.
Types of Child Injuries
Children tend to be more accident-prone than adults. That said, if someone else’s negligence or mistake contributed to an accident that left a child injured, that party needs to be held accountable.
At Pete Olson Injury Attorneys, we offer our skilled assistance to parents whose children have been harmed in a variety of accidents, including:
- Birth injuries — The birth process can be very dangerous if mistakes are made by a careless physician or other members of the medical team assisting with the birth. Injuries to children during birth can cause cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, and other medical issues that will affect them for the rest of their lives.
- Defective child products — Any product a child interacts with can create risks, especially if it fails to account for how a child will interact with the product or what the child needs from the product. For example, small children will put most objects in their mouths and special consideration needs to be given to the potential for choking.
- Child automobile accidents — Even if they are properly restrained, children face real risks when they are involved in car or truck accidents. A child injured in a car accident may have future needs that can only be identified by a professional with extensive experience. If your child was seriously injured in a car crash, we can help you obtain compensation to help meet their medical needs.
- Dog bites — Children are more vulnerable to dog attacks because of their smaller size. Because they are shorter, they are more likely to be bitten on the face, neck, or head. Such an attack can create emotional trauma and scarring that need to be factored into any considerations of compensation. If your child has been bit by a dog, reach out to us today.
Multimillion-Dollar Settlements & Verdicts
At Pete Olson Injury Attorneys, our child injury attorney in Clarksville knows how important these cases are for our clients. Parents are committed to securing the best results for their children, and the children themselves may need a resolution that leaves them with resources so they can have access to medical care in the future. Attorney Pete Olson can help by pursuing structured settlements where necessary. With more than 25 years of experience and more than 1,000 favorably resolved cases to his name, Pete Olson is there to help you and your family through these tough times.
If your child was injured in an accident, our Clarksville child accident lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you need. Turn to Pete Olson Injury Attorneys. We only collect attorney's fees if we win your case.