You need to do everything you can to ensure that you are fully compensated for everything you have been through after a trucking accident, and Pete Olson Injury Law can help. Our truck accident attorney in Clarksville knows how to build a truly effective claim on your behalf.
Get the Benefits of Our Record of Results
If you are suffering from injuries sustained in a truck accident, secure the assistance of an experienced attorney with a record of success in these types of cases. This is essential because the insurance companies know how much these cases can be worth, and they do everything they can to minimize or avoid paying out any fair level of compensation altogether. Our decades of experience have taught us how to effectively investigate trucking accidents and how to secure the evidence needed to get results.
During the process, we may:
- Work with accident reconstructionists
- Investigate driver logs
- Check the truck's maintenance records
- Interview potential witnesses
- Obtain and review video footage
Who Could Be Liable in a Commercial Truck Crash?
Commercial trucking accidents can result in serious injuries and fatalities, and determining liability in such cases can be complex. In many cases, more than one party can be held responsible for compensating an injured victim. Potentially liable parties include the following:
- Truck driver. The driver of the commercial truck may be liable if they were driving recklessly, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or fatigued. Distracted driving or failure to obey traffic laws can also result in liability.
- Trucking company. The trucking company may be liable if they failed to properly train their drivers, failed to maintain the truck, or pressured the driver to exceed hours of service limits. They may also be liable if they failed to perform proper background checks on the driver or failed to ensure that the driver had a valid commercial driver's license.
- Truck manufacturer. The manufacturer of the truck may be liable if there was a defect in the truck that caused the accident. This could include defects in the braking system, steering system, or other components of the truck.
- Cargo loaders. If the cargo was not loaded properly or was overloaded, this could result in liability for the cargo loaders. Overloaded cargo can cause the truck to be unstable and difficult to control.
- Maintenance company. If the truck was not properly maintained, the maintenance company may be liable for the accident. Failure to maintain the truck can result in mechanical failure, such as tire blowouts or brake failure, which can cause an accident.
Investigating the accident and the trucking company to determine liability is a complex process. Trucking companies have teams of high-powered lawyers to protect their bottom line, so it is important to consult with an experienced attorney who has the tools and commitment to take on this kind of high-stakes case.
Choose Pete Olson Injury Law
We are here to help people fight trucking companies and their insurers for the compensation they deserve. Our goal is to help you get the medical care and compensation you will need to work through your recovery so that you can begin rebuilding your life.
Our Clarksville truck accident attorney began helping people more than 30 years ago. He uses the experience and skills he has acquired over those years to help his clients. His record of success includes multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts and thousands of favorably settled cases. Everyone deserves help after a devastating trucking accident. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 877-GET-PETE or contact us online.