Defective Drug and Medical Device Claims
We have the experience and skill necessary to help those who have been injured by a wide variety of defective and dangerous drugs and medical devices. Call us if you have been injured by any product, including the following:
- IVC filter. Inferior vena cava (IVC) filters are connected to a wide range of serious health problems, including interior bleeding, organ perforation, and other issues.
- Talcum powder. Regular use of talcum powder by women increases the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Essure. Essure is a permanent birth control product that has been linked to a variety of problems, such as puncturing of the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Invokana. Invokana has been known to cause dangerous side effects, including kidney failure, myocardial infarction, and ketoacidosis.
- Taxotere. Taxotere (docetaxel) can cause permanent hair loss and other side effects.
- Bair Hugger. Some of the complications associated with the use of Bair Hugger blankets and other warming devices include surgical infections.
- Benicar. Benicar (Olmesartan) has been known to cause sprue-like enteropathy, celiac disease, and other intestinal complications.
Types of Injuries Caused by Dangerous Medical Products
Defective medical devices and drugs can have serious consequences for patients, potentially causing a range of injuries. These injuries can result from design flaws, manufacturing defects, inadequate testing, improper labeling, or failure to warn about potential risks. Injuries that could be caused by defective medical devices and drugs include the following:
- Internal organ damage. Certain defective surgical implants or medical devices can lead to internal organ damage, such as perforation, erosion, or leakage. This could result from design defects or manufacturing errors.
- Infection or sepsis. Contaminated or improperly sterilized medical devices or drugs can introduce harmful bacteria into the body, leading to infections or sepsis. Negligence in manufacturing or sterilization processes could be responsible.
- Cardiovascular complications. Some defective drugs, such as certain anticoagulants or heart implants, can cause cardiovascular complications like heart attacks, strokes, or arrhythmias. Design flaws, inadequate testing, or failure to warn about potential risks could be factors.
- Device or implant failure. Defective joint replacements, prosthetics, or implantable devices can malfunction, leading to pain, limited mobility, or the need for additional surgeries. Design flaws, manufacturing errors, or inadequate quality control could be responsible.
- Birth defects. Some defective drugs, like certain anticonvulsants or antidepressants, taken during pregnancy can result in birth defects in newborns. Failure to warn about potential risks or inadequate testing could be factors.
- Allergic reactions. Defective medications can trigger severe allergic reactions, ranging from rashes and hives to anaphylaxis. Contamination, improper labeling, or undisclosed ingredients could contribute to such reactions.
Damages awarded in these types of injury claims could include revision surgeries, medical costs, pain and suffering, and compensation for diminished quality of life. It's important to note that the specific damages awarded in each case depend on various factors, such as the extent of the injury and the degree of negligence. Consulting with our legal professionals can provide accurate guidance on the potential damages that can be sought in a particular situation involving defective medical devices or drugs.
We Get Results in Defective Medical Product Cases
At Pete Olson Injury Laws, we understand the impact that dangerous drugs and medical devices can have on people's lives. Attorney Pete Olson has extensive product liability and mass tort experience. He has been helping people for more than 30 years. During that time, he has favorably resolved more than 1,000 cases and secured multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements that help people deal with the challenges their injuries caused. When drugs and medical devices harm people, the injured deserve to be fully compensated. Turn to Pete Olson Injury Law for experienced help you can rely on.